November 07, 2006

Our Chicago Trip

Ok so I am going to try the "REAL" blogging... since so many of you don't consider Myspace a real blog. I have been wanting to blog about our trip to Chicago / St Joseph, MI back in August.

So we went 800 miles for an engagement party back in August. Michelle's cousin Ashley got engaged a couple months prior and we thought if we could make the trip it would be a great getaway before I started back school at nite for the fall. We got to stay in a great place. Eddie is a member of the Chicago Athletic Association and got us a great rate in the hotel there. It is right on West Michigan Ave. (which is a big deal ..Especially to the ladies for all the shopping).

Let's take a small side trip to learn a bit of Chicago history that I learned while I was there. The "C" for the Chicago Cubs actually came from the CAA. Not the other way around that most people would think..... so we actually stayed in a big piece of Cubs history.



Now back to your regularly schedule blog.... oh and GO Cards! ha ha

So our first night we ate at a Tapas style restaurant, which was a new but GREAT experience. Tons of small portions so you get a little of everything... If you are ever in Chicago I would highly suggest this place:




Ok this is getting really long.... So I better wrap this up... We went to St Joseph, MI and had a great party on Lake Michigan. For all you people who spoil your pets like a child you need to stop in to Fuzzybutz if you are in the area. They have all natural doggie /cat treats and all the other things you need to spoil them from toys to clothes and what not.




We didn't get to do a lot of the tourist things. But hey.. now we have a excuse to go back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Very nice blog. I like the layout it's very clean looking. I'm a big fan of black backgrounds.

I've already subscribed to your RSS feed so I expect lots of updates in the future! By the way, go to sitemeter.com and sign up for a free account. This is a tool that will allow you to track your site visits. Once you've created the sitemeter account, you can embed a little piece of code into your blogger page and it will track your site activity. Lots of fun. I probably look at my sitemeter stats more than I do my actual blog!