November 30, 2006

Do you really want to hurt me?

How can you not think of that song at a wedding after seeing the movie "The Wedding Singer". I love that movie.

So this past weekend we went to Michelle's good friend Melissa's wedding. Now by "we" I really mean me because Michelle was in the wedding. So I was outed to sit by myself and take pictures. I was sitting with family so not like I was really alone, just not with my better half. Although I enjoyed watching the wedding with her up there... I imagined what it was like sitting at my own wedding. I dont know about others but it made me reflect back on my own wedding. Revisiting those vows you promised to each other in front of everyone that day. Wondering if things will every really be as happy as that one day. Then you have days like we have been experiencing lately....Days of joy and worry as we are expecting our first child.

Then you realize no matter how happy you were on that 1st day of marriage... that is only the 1st part. It's like when you are on a rollercoaster and you are anticipating that first drop.... then the next turn and the loop....That first day is when you are just peaking the top of the first drop.... you spend the rest of your lives .. watching for the next turn.... and the next loop.... and there will be some low times.... but you will always have another turn or loop until the end of the ride.

Enjoy a few pics from the wedding... Congrats Tim and Melissa!



The 3 M's .............. Michelle, Melissa, Melissa(2)




Michelle lovely as usual... I clean up pretty good...



And the Happy Couple... Congrats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where to comment! There's posts everywhere!

Our Family said...

Well, this is the first time I've seen a picture of your wife! You guys make a very cute couple. :)

CHan will be in your shoes next weekend. My friend Amy Black is getting married.

Hope you had a great birthday.